Job Position: Account Manager
Basic Function: Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients, hunting for new accounts in similar vertical, and working with both to proactively manage their compliance requirements.
Reporting To: Director of Trading
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range: Competitive base salary and no-cap commission structureBenefits: Included (after 3-month probationary period). Employer pays 50% contribution.
Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am-5:00pm). Hours may vary depending on the needs of the business. Travel is required. The first year in this role will be demanding and will require extensive hours and local travelling.
Job Description Summary
- Understand the business environment and business strategy and how your role contributes.
- Develop strong knowledge of the company’s products, services, and lines of business.
- Develop strong knowledge of our customer base to effectively manage their accounts.
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing clients
- Work with the Business Development and Trading team to mine our customer list for growth opportunities and opportunities to generate new business
- Represent the brand in a professional manner with a goal of sustainably growing market share.
- Work closely with the Admin and Operations to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Build our business around solving our customer’s problems including providing industry leading support in the context of generator compliance.
- Build and execute a CRM strategy and own the pricing, service and compliance related customer communications.
- Become closely familiar with Shift’s admin systems that relate to customer management.
- Develop strong knowledge of the OES and EPRA programs respectively, and the associated compliance requirements that customers need to comply with.
- Build own tools to manage and track the compliance status of each individual account managed. Work closely and in conjunction with the Generator Compliance Associate to achieve 100% customer compliance.
- Ownership and execution of other projects as required
- Achieving sales targets
- Delivering sales and Generator Compliance presentations, as required, to upper management.
- Help build a GREAT organization where everyone will:
- Say what needs to be said
- Be bold
- Be innovative
- Take pride; and
- Get it done (properly).
- Completing administrative work, as required
- Attend tradeshows and other sales events as needed.
- Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma in a related field.
- Experience in a B2B Service and Sales Environment.
- Experience in highly regulated industry
- Experience within an organization where Customer Service Focus is critical to success.
- Driven to understand the needs of the business, and the ability to link sales activities towards fulfilling those needs.
- Strong MS office skills
- Highly organized and methodical in their approach to task completion.
- Hungry for success, motivated self-starter
- Able to see a task through to completion, with emphasis on quality work.
- Eager problem solver
- Excellent writing ability
- Detail oriented strategic thinker with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
- Desire and passion to continue growing in their career and the ambition to grow, evolve and change with the company.
- Team-player and willing mentor, capable of functioning with confidence and credibility at every level of the organization.
About Shift and Revolution
Shift Recycling is a fast growing end of life e-waste recycling and e-scrap trading company. Founded in 2010, Shift has grown to be one of the largest processors of e-waste in Ontario. Shift purchases end-of-life IT assets (e-waste) from large volume generators of such as municipalities, scrap dealers, school boards, governments, retailers, brand owners, waste companies and IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) companies.