Job Position: Analyst
Basic Function: Be an active member of the Shift Recycling Team with a primary focus on bringing structure to Shifts buying and selling of e-waste materials.
Reporting To: Director of Trading
Employment Type: Salary – Full-time Permanent
Salary Range: $50,000 (depending on experience) plus bonus
Benefits: Included (after 3 month probationary period)
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week. This job will require a very high level of time commitment.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- Support the traders in settling inflow accounts. Finalize purchase settlements and ensure 100% accuracy.
- Analyze margins per transactions and per accounts and prepare reports for Account Managers and Management.
- Problem solve with the right attitude and sense of urgency. Be willing to go on the plant floor throughout the work day in order ensure effective problem solving.
- Interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Support the traders in selling material.
- Support the tracking of leads and prospects.
- Become intimately familiar and comfortable with Shift’s existing systems.
- Support the development of structure and systemization to the trading department.
- Intricately understand all material that Shift deals with. This will require on the plant floor training for at least 3 months.
- Intricately understand the nuances in customer transactions.
- Intricately understand the details of each account.
- Intricately understand where materials will be sold.
- Help support the relationship with certain existing upstream customers.
- Embrace the culture of performance, training and development.
- Opportunities for growth and development in acquiring new business and managing technicians and other sales associates.
- Diploma or Degree in related field.
- Very strong analytical skills. Very comfortable with numbers and analyzing margins.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Strong and keen attentiveness to details
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint).
- High sense of urgency and initiative.
- Comfortable in a warehouse environment.
- Able to see tasks and projects through to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Shift Recycling is an end of life e-waste recycling and e-scrap trading company. Founded in 2010, Shift has grown to be one of the largest processors of e-waste in Ontario. Shift deals with large volume generators of e-waste such as municipalities, scrap, waste and IT Asset Disposition companies. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Revolution Recycling, Shift offers businesses of all size, Data Destruction, IT Asset Disposition and Recycling solutions.