Shift works with schools, churches, sports teams and community groups to raise funds by helping you organize an e-waste recycling event.
How does it work?
- Contact Shift to get the details.
- Pick your date and schedule your event.
- Shift will provide marketing and logistics support leading up to the event.
- Event Day: Happy Recycling!
- Get paid 3-4 weeks following the event.
Tips for success
- Firm up your date as far in advance as planning allows.
- Marketing is key! Spread the word using social media, professional networks and word of mouth.
- People need time to set aside product for your group.
- Engage potential donors directly: parents, employers and local businesses.
- Combine other initiatives – like a clothing or bottle drive – to boost attendance.
Frequently asked questions
How much work is it to hold this kind of event?
If you plan early, this type of fundraising isn’t that much work. Shift makes it easy, providing all necessary marketing material and event supplies.
How much money can I expect to raise?
You can expect to raise between $500-$1000 per event. Factors such as marketing and weather heavily influence event performance.
What types of electronics are accepted for recycling?
Shift is interested in computer-related equipment including desktops, laptops, monitors and accessories. We also pay for home entertainment-based material like stereos, TVs, etc.
Are there any electronics Shift doesn’t accept?
Major appliances like stoves, dishwashers and fridges are NOT eligible under this program.
Are the electronics we collect recycled locally?
YES! All electronics are recycled in Toronto by Shift Recycling, an OES approved and audited electronics processor.