Do you love Mother Nature? Are you tired of selling chocolate bars and calendars to meet your fundraising goals? Help the environment while helping your organization with Shift’s unique e-waste recycling fundraiser program.
The best part is how easy it is. Set up a drop-off for e-waste and invite your community to drop off their unwanted end of life electronics at your fundraiser. Most groups earn $1000 on average per event.
How much volume does it take to make an event worthwhile?
It takes approximately 5000 lbs of scrap electronics to make for a successful fundraising event. But what does 5000 pounds look like?
- 30 old tube televisions @ 125 lbs each = 3,750 lbs
- 50 vcrs, dvd players or stereos @ 10 lbs each = 500 lbs
- 25 desktop computers @ 20 lbs each = 500 lbs
- 20 old printers @ 20 lbs each = 400 lbs
- 10 boxes of miscellaneous telephones, keyboards, mice, wires and batteries @ 35 lbs each = 350 lbs
Contact us today to learn more about how electronics recycling fundraisers makes cents for your organization.