1. Shift Recycling agrees to receive or arrange for the pick-up of WEEE from the Customer, as discussed over the phone, online or via email.
2. Shift Recycling is bound by ECA 5755-AFWMAA. We are approved to receive, manually sort, triage, dismantle, repackage, bale, shred, cut automatically sort, temporarily store and transfer to approved facilities for recycling or disposal. Environmental Registry
3. Shift Recycling is restricted by our ECA to only receiving the following types of material: waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), hazardous components, fluorescent lamps and blue box waste as referenced in the application.
4. Shift Recycling will make its best efforts to receive or pick up the material on the date communicated to the Customer during the time frame communicated to the Customer. Shift Recycling makes no express guarantees that it will be able to fulfill these dates and times and will face no penalty if it is unable to fulfill the pick-up or delivery on these dates and times.
5. The Customer agrees to provide Shift Recycling with at least 48 hours notice of a cancellation or change or appointment. If the Customer fails to give Shift Recycling 48 hours notice or a cancellation or change or appointment, Shift Recycling reserves the right to charge the customer a cancellation fee or change fee.
6. The Customer warrants that it is the legal owner of the material being collected by Shift Recycling. To the extent the Customer is not the legal owner, the Customer hereby indemnifies and hold Shift Recycling harmless against any and all actions brought by any persons claiming to be the lawful owner of the material.
7. The Customer warrants that any material sent to Shift Recycling for the purpose of being claimed under a stewardship program (OES, EPRA, Other) is eligible for incentive under the appropriate program and that the Customer is in possession of any and all source documentation that may be required to substantiate said claim.
8. The Customer acknowledges that if any material information changes regarding the pick-up or delivery of electronics for recycling, the Customer will inform Shift Recycling as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before the pick-up. This includes information regarding the quantity of material (either more or less), the type, the location or the quality of material. If the Customer fails to give Shift Recycling 48 hours notice of a material change of information regarding an appointment, Shift Recycling reserves the right to charge the customer a change fee.
9. Where our ECA restricts our ability to receive hazardous components, Shift Recycling reserves the right to return said material, at The Customer’s sole expense, to The Customer. Hazardous materials include, but are not limited to, paint, aerosol canisters, compressed gas cylinders, medical and bio-hazard waste, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, liquids, PCB ballasts and other combustible material.
10. To the extent a customer wishes to send material that may have been exposed to hazardous or infectious material (such as medical equipment), such material MUST be accompanied by a “Decontamination Certificate” in a form acceptable to Shift Recycling. Please consult your account manager who can provide you a copy of a form as well as give you additional information on the challenges of dealing with this material. Shift Recycling reserves the right to reject or return material that arrives without an appropriate decontamination certificate. Shift Recycling reserves the right to take appropriate measures and pass along any cost associated with the disposal of equipment using a hazardous waste company if documentation cannot be obtained within one month.
11. WEEE (waste electric and electronic equipment) collected by Shift Recycling is handled in compliance with the R2:2013 standard with respect to data security, environmental protection, and hazardous material handling, and with the Ontario Electronic Stewardship Processing Agreement, where applicable. End-of-life assets are processed in accordance with the ERS:2010 standard.