Go back to the full list
Old display technology format - no longer in use
Sony, Samsung, Philips, Panasonic, Sharp, LG, NEC, JVC, Hitachi, Sanyo
Data Risk Potential
End of Life Recycling Process
Manual disassembly for commodity recovery
Environmental Health and Safety Hazards
- A nonfunctional CRT TV has no reuse value but does have valuable metals like aluminum and copper that can be extracted.
- CRT monitors contain a variety of different recycle and repurpose than other e-waste.
- The amount of lead contained within CRT monitors sold just in the year of 2002 was approximately 10,000 tons.
- Costs related to CRT recycling, whether directed towards consumers or producers, generally discourage people from recycling even though it is beneficial.
- The most produced products created from recycled CRT monitors include ceramic glazes, glass fiber, and glass-based composites.
Contact Shift at 1-855-66-SHIFT or use the form to book a free pickup