Go back to the full list
Portable computing device
Apple, Dell, HP, IBM, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, Samsung
Data Risk Potential
End of Life Recycling Process
Hazard removal and shredding for commodity recovery
Environmental Health and Safety Hazards
Mercury lamps and embedded batteries
- Recycling one hundred thousands laptops can save enough electricity to power 365 homes per year.
- Recycling laptops helps mineral processing companies avoid mining by reusing minerals and metals found in laptop parts
- In 2010, 47.4 million laptops were estimated to have reached the end of their life. 29.4 million were thrown away while only 18 million were recycled.
- Recycled laptops can be refurbished, taken apart for learning purposes, or reused for their metals and other materials.
- Recycling your laptop helps to create job opportunities. 296 jobs are created for every 10,000 tons of material that are recycled.
Contact Shift at 1-855-66-SHIFT or use the form to book a free pickup